Simple Prayer

I have been touched by the First Presidency Message in February's Ensign about prayer. It is something so powerful and yet so simple.

Ever since I was a child I knew Heavenly Father was close to me, even though I imagined heaven far away. Whenever I felt scared, nervous, lonely, happy, or needed any kind of assistance I knew Heavenly Father was ready to answer my prayers.

One time I lost my wallet and could not find it anywhere. I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me. I felt impressed to look behind my bed. I never put things there and so I could not imagine why it would be there.

To my astonishment, it was there.

I remembered later how I had it on my bed and it must have fallen down without noticing.

I am so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly who understands us when no one else does and is willing to guide us in simple or complex things in our life whether we are young or old.

~Sister Mukadam